Diabetes in North Simcoe Muskoka
North Simcoe Muskoka Diabetes Regional Coordination Centre
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MoHLTC) announced in October 2012 that the funding and accountability of the Diabetes Regional Coordination Centres and Diabetes Education Programs that were funded by the Provincial Programs Branch of the MoHLTC would be transferred to the 14 provincial Local Health Integration Networks (LHIN). For the DRCCs this transfer occurred on February 1, 2013.
Centralized Intake is now being done through the South Georgian Bay Community Health Centre. For more information, please call (705) 422-0900 ext. 219.
Please click here for the NSM DRCC's Transition Communication.
» To view this report,
click on the image to the left
NSM Diabetes Events
Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions Self Management Training (Fall 2011)
NSM Diabetes Forum (March 30, 2010)
NSM Diabetes Education Centres
- Barrie Community Health Centre 705-719-4888
- Collingwood General and Marine Hospital 705-444-8674
- Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare - South Muskoka Memorial Hospital 705-645-8824
- Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare - Huntsville District Memorial Hospital 705-789-2311 ext. 2312
- North Simcoe Regional Diabetes Program (Midland) 705-528-6909
- Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital 705-325-7611
- Royal Victoria Hospital (Barrie) 705-739-5652
Diabetes Information Updates
Ontario Diabetes Strategy
To access the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care 'Stand Up to Diabetes' webpage, please click here.
To access the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences (ICES) report, click on the image to the left.